Tuesday 23 April 2013

YOU Are The Circle

Ever heard the saying, "You are what you eat"?? Yes, if you eat green peppers, you ARE a green pepper. No? Not literally? Oh, okay..
Food connoisseurs and health nuts would understand that to the bone. Basically, your body is a result of what you put into in. And it's true.

What about who you are as a person? Your character, habits and vices. Have you ever thought about what or whom influences that? Yes, you can sit there and claim that no one influences you and that you are your own person, aren't we all? Realistically, we're all impressionable to some extent. Question is, how easily impressionable are you?
Are you the born-again that surrounds oneself with naysayers? The virgin that rides it out with girls that trade sex for 'monetary security'? The guy in a relationship taking advice from his whole crew - who all happen to be single?

"YOU ARE YOUR SURROUNDINGS 

HONEY BOO BOO!"

That circle/clique/crew/gang that you follow? Drink, party, paint the town red with? Yes, that one. It plays a major role in shaping the person you are and become. Be conscience of the people you surround yourself with because sometimes they may not necessarily be bad people, but THEIR morals, vices, principles and habits might as well not necessarily help you in being a better person. Not everyone has the best intentions, especially not in this era, so it surely must take a few trial and errors. And it's honestly a fine line to walk when it comes to sifting out "rotten apples", because no one wants to judge or be judged, and a versatile group of characters did somebody a little good somewhere out there. Right?

"Your outlook upon life, your estimate of yourself, your estimate of your value are largely colored by your environment. Your whole career will be modified, shaped, molded by your surroundings, by the character of the people with whom you come in contact with every day." - ORISON SWEET MARDEN

I don't "roll with the crew", I don't have a clique that I necessarily hang with. If anything at all, some people call me a loner. And I'm okay with that, but that doesn't mean I don't have friends. I have very few characters in my life, and I try to learn something from every single one of them, anything that would make me a better being. As Beyonce put it, "I'm known to walk alone/ But I'm alone for a reason.". I don't have it all in the bag though, as I type this, I'm learning something too. So I could drag on and on about how your circle influences you, but I never intended for this to be a long post, I'll save that for next time, yes? :)  just a random thought I had, one that I hope evokes a lot of thought when it comes to your life.

Beijos xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment